People That DON'T Know More About Local Real Estate Than Your REALTOR®! Reasons To Hire A Realtor®
Liz and Bill Spears share a very true and informative post. Please stop by Bill and Liz's page to leave your input and comments and please tell them John McCormack, Albuquerque, Relator® with Albuquerque Homes Realty sent you their way.
People That DON'T Know More About Local Real Estate Than Your REALTOR®!
So you're buying or selling a Warren County home? Then stand by for LOTS of unsolicited advice! As soon as you mention that you're involved in this huge endeavor, you're going to get lots of "help"! MOST of those sources of advice may just be steering you down the wrong path and not even realizing it.
Here's a partial list of people that shouldn't know more about LOCAL real estate than your trusted REALTOR®:
- The national media. They don't know JACK about our local market. They care about New York, Vegas, California, etc. and not an iota about our market. Thousands of miles away, and about as relevant as the back side of the moon. And the generic advice from those "money" magazines about offering 80% of list price? Fine if you don't REALLY want to buy that home!
- The local media. Honestly, they don't know much about the local market either. They'll either take a few anecdotal instances and turn it into a major doom and gloom story, or they're repeating stats provided from our local board. And here's the thing, the greater Cincinnati area is composed of MANY markets. Mt. Adams, Mt. Lookout, Maineville, Morrow and Mason are ALL different.
- Your neighbor. Herb knows a LOT (or maybe he just thinks he does), but what he probably doesn't have a handle on is the latest real estate trends. He knows what the guy down the street SAID he got for his home (and that info just might not be accurate). But what he's not going to understand is why one home got $250,000 and another got $200,000 when they look the same on the outside! That's just one more reason why you need a REALTOR®.
- Your co-worker. They last bought a home in 2005. They mean well, but the real estate market changes FAST.
- Your mom and dad. They know a LOT, and we know they have your best interests at heart, but what they aren't current on is local real estate markets. How long since they last bought or sold a home? When they start with the "it's a buyer's marker, offer 70%" they're killing your chance of getting that home.
- Your great-aunt Ethel who was an agent....in 1975....in FLORIDA! Like we said, real estate changes A LOT, and it's LOCAL. A Texas license, a Florida license...even someone who is active in Columbus or Cleveland might not be able to give you the best advice on what's happening in OUR local market.
So when you get advice and it's got you thinking, TALK to your REALTOR® about it if you have a concern. Don't let it fester and don't let them convince you that your REALTOR® isn't doing their job without at least seeking to clarify. And if you can't have that conversation with your REALTOR®? Well maybe you don't have the right REALTOR® after all. Communication skills are an important part of what we do.
As Warren County REALTORS®, we're tuned in to the differences in OUR local markets. Mason to Springboro, Franklin to Morrow, we've successfully helped people buy and sell. We track the activity in each market and analyze to make sure YOU are getting the best professional advice we can provide, tailored to YOUR needs! So if you're thinking of buying or selling a Warren County area home, we'd appreciate the opportunity to help you!
Serving Warren County's residential real estate needs,
Liz and Bill aka BLiz
The Liz Spear Team
Elizabeth & William Spear
RE/MAX Elite: Ask for us by name if you visit the office!
Two locations: Lebanon & Mason, OH
Office direct: 513-248-3660 Liz direct: 513-265-3004
Bill direct: 513-520-5305 Fax: 866-302-8418
Buttons created at www.ButtonGenerator.com
Follow us on Social Media:
Social Media buttons courtesy of http://www.chethstudios.net
OUR SERVICE AREA:
Albuquerque Homes and Lifestyle Blog
John McCormack Owner/Managing Broker, e-PRO
505-980-4576 / John@AlbuquerqueHomes.com
If your considering Buying, Selling or Relocating to Albuquerque or Rio Rancho, NM and need a Professional Realtor It would be my pleasure to help you!
Be sure to visit my AlbuquerqueHomes.com website for total access to all available homes in the following New Mexico communities: Albuquerque, Rio Rancho, Los Ranchos, Placitas, Bernalillo, Tijeras, Sandia Park, Cedar Crest, Bosque Farms, Los Lunas & Belen.
Come On Back and Visit My