Liz and Bill Spear or BLiz as we call them in Active Rain are great fellow bloggers and provided a great post for us to think about today. Please leave comments on BLiz's page and I'll see you soon in the Rain!
Just Because You Think It's So, Doesn't Make It So!
Yesterday afternoon our copier/printer flashed "NO TONER" in the middle of a big print job. No problem, open up the bottom storage and pull out a new toner cartridge and........ Aaaaack! NO TONER is right, nothing in there! Now I could have sworn that we had one left, but nope. No gots, nada.... Fortunately early enough in the day to visit our copier service company and get toner cartridges, so no harm done.
However, in this case, thinking we had a toner cartridge didn't make it so did it?
We encounter lots of people in our real estate life that think because they think something, that's the way it should be. Unfortunately, that line of thinking can often be to their detriment, and it's not limited to home sellers or home buyers, both sides are equally guilty! All of comments and more are things we encounter regularly:
- It's a buyer's market, the seller should be happy just to get an offer!
- The buyer can fix that after they move in. It's a minor item and they shouldn't care. They probably won't even notice it.
- That corner lot won't be a problem when I go to sell. Neither will that pool.
- That offer is insulting, you just tell that buyer to go to........ If they really want this home, they'll come back with a better offer!!!
- Why can't the seller let me in with only fifteen minute's notice for the showing? Aren't they serious about selling?
- But I love my decorating scheme! That wallpaper is just like my granny's and it brings back great memories! Buyers should love it too!
- My credit is GOLDEN I tell you! I don't need a preapproval letter! I'll get one when I find the house I want to buy.
- The buyer needs to understand I'm not GIVING my house away!
We could take this list a lot further, but you get the idea. A misguided thought might be all it takes to keep you from buying that dream home or selling your current home. It's a tough market, and we're here to help you avoid making mistakes that hurt your best interests. We'll tell you when you're off base, and we'll do it tactfully!
Serving Warren County's residential real estate needs,
Liz and Bill aka BLiz
The Liz Spear Team
Elizabeth & William Spear
RE/MAX Elite: Ask for us by name if you visit the office!
Two locations: Lebanon & Mason, OH
Office direct: 513-248-3660 Liz direct: 513-265-3004
Bill direct: 513-520-5305 Fax: 866-302-8418
Buttons created at www.ButtonGenerator.com
Follow us on Social Media:
Social Media buttons courtesy of http://www.chethstudios.net
OUR SERVICE AREA:
Albuquerque Homes and Lifestyle Blog
John McCormack Owner/Managing Broker, e-PRO
505-980-4576 / John@AlbuquerqueHomes.com
If your considering Buying, Selling or Relocating to Albuquerque or Rio Rancho, NM and need a Professional Realtor It would be my pleasure to help you!
Be sure to visit my AlbuquerqueHomes.com website for total access to all available homes in the following New Mexico communities: Albuquerque, Rio Rancho, Los Ranchos, Placitas, Bernalillo, Tijeras, Sandia Park, Cedar Crest, Bosque Farms, Los Lunas & Belen.
Come On Back and Visit My