This post comes via The Christiansen Team. Please stop by their page and leave your comments and input giving credit where credit is due. Best regards from Albuquerque!
10. Keep it cluttered! Put up as many pictures or posters as you can. Fill up that hallway with 150 pictures of your dogs doing super cute things! Oh, don't forget to put up all of your old movie posters too. You know what? Let's take it one step further. If you have mounted deer heads, a stuffed racoon, or a tree stump that you carved in to a bear... remember to proudly display those as well.
9. Wallpaper from the 1970's. Fill your home with this. The more gold wallpaper the better.
8. Leave dirty dishes out during showings. You know what? You might as well leave dinner out because our buyers might be hungry. We showed a home last week that had stale taco shells and crusty beef filling still in the pan. Not kidding
7. Leave your angry dog loose in the house. We have had this happen three different times. Each time our buyers and us had the crap scared out of us. Thankfully nobody was hurt, but we didn't even go in.
6. If it's a rental, make sure your tenant is home and in a really bad mood and eating a giant bowl of Fruit Loops while wearing his pajamas. True story. The tenant didn't want to move and was doing everything he could to keep the house from selling.
5. Leave the trash out and go ahead and scatter some of it in the front yard. Enough said.
4. Paint your windows and kitchen cabinets shut. We have only seen this once with kitchen cabinets, but have seen it a lot on windows, especially on older homes.
3. DARK BROWN PANELLING. Put it everywhere.
2. Make sure your home stinks. Cat urine, wet dog, and rotting carpet are three scents that will scare away almost any buyer.
1. Price it HIGH! Forget about what we tell you. Forget about the market analysis we just did that shows you the home is worth $200,000. Go ahead and list it for $275,000 because that is what your friend at work told you she thought it was worth. (You will NOT be listing this with us FYI)
Of course we am being incredibly sarcastic here. As full time Realtors® in Fort Wayne that work with both buyers and sellers we have seen all of this WAY too many times. These things do turn away most buyers. Of course there are a choice view that can see past it, but most can't. Hope you had a good chuckle. We know we had fun writing this. :)
Whether you are buying, selling, downsizing, or relocating to Fort Wayne...
THE CHRISTIANSEN TEAM CAN HELP!
The Christiansen Team is...
* We met with The Christiansen Team and they showed us what the market was doing and assured us that they could sell our home quickly and for the right price. Then they did. - Chris and Audrey
* They are very down to earth people that were looking out for me and what I wanted. It didn’t take us long to find that “perfect” home! - Patti
* The Christiansen Team treated me like a million dollar client! After meeting with them a few times they knew what I was looking for better than I did! I loved their laid back personality and really enjoyed working with them. You will too! - Tabitha and Andrew
* Our biggest concern was finding the right home at a price we could afford. The Christiansen Team did their homework, knew their stuff, and found us the perfect home for a great price. - Resa and J.P.
We now have a certified Fort Wayne Short Sale Specialist and a 203 K "Instant Equity" group on our team.
Albuquerque Homes and Lifestyle Blog
John McCormack Owner/Managing Broker, e-PRO
505-980-4576 / John@AlbuquerqueHomes.com
If your considering Buying, Selling or Relocating to Albuquerque or Rio Rancho, NM and need a Professional Realtor It would be my pleasure to help you!
Be sure to visit my AlbuquerqueHomes.com website for total access to all available homes in the following New Mexico communities: Albuquerque, Rio Rancho, Los Ranchos, Placitas, Bernalillo, Tijeras, Sandia Park, Cedar Crest, Bosque Farms, Los Lunas & Belen.
Come On Back and Visit My